SolarEdge Technologies is a NASDAQ-listed company and a global leader in intelligent energy solutions. The SolarEdge e-Mobility Italy division deals with integrated and modular propulsion solutions for the electric vehicle (EV) market.
We are seeking for a Battery Expert, to involve in our innovative projects.
The battery expert will lead Li-ion batteries development from concept to MP. Leading the following design items should be under her/his responsibility:
- Li-ion battery module and pack, including structure design, thermal design, safety design, and material selection
- Build and design of batteries prototypes
- Mechanical-enclosure, thermal management, fire detection & suppression
- Battery safety (fire, explosion, etc.) requirements
- Meeting safety standards such UL1973, UL9540A etc
- Educated to degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent - preferred
- Experience of Li-Ion pack design/development for MP products
- Understanding of other engineering disciplines e.g. electrical, software, chemistry.
- Experience of battery pack or cell testing.
- Knowledge of Li-ion cell chemistry and the various processes involved in manufacturing lithium ion battery packs.
- Experience with battery protection modules and safety standards such UL1973, UL9540A etc
- Experience with PCB/flex design – advantage
- Experience of CAD software (e.g. Solidworks) - advantage
- Experience of FEA software for thermal and structural analysis - advantage
- Good understanding of Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and GD&T - advantage
- A broad range of experience designing for various materials and processes: plastic injection/compression molding, metal machining, metal forming/stamping, extensive material finishing and cosmetic treatments - advantage
The work can be done remotely or in the location most convenient to the candidate's needs.
Please send CV with indication of the relevant position (country and title) to: